When building a new home in Gainesville, FL, a central air conditioning system is a must. However, many homeowners do not want to deal with the expansive requirements that ductwork needs for the delivery of conditioned air throughout the home. One way to get around this while still enjoying all the comforts of an air-conditioned home is to install a ductless air conditioning system. These systems can both cool and heat a home efficiently and at an affordable price.
About Ductless Heating and Cooling
A ductless heating and cooling system consist of three main components. The outdoor condenser unit is approximately the same size and appearance as the condenser of a traditional central air conditioning system. The indoor components are where the two types of systems differ. With ductless heating and cooling, the indoor components include a small evaporator within each zone of the home. Inside each evaporator unit is a cooling coil and a small fan. The evaporator and condenser are connected with a set of tubing that allows the flow of the chemical coolant and power between the two main parts.
Benefits of Going Ductless In a New Home
Going ductless in your new home brings many benefits to your comfort, budget, and even the architecture of the house. Some of the most popular reasons for going ductless in a newly constructed home include:
- Faster home completion, as ductless systems do not include complicated ductwork and air vents throughout the home.
- More usable space. Instead of having to dedicate precious square footage to air ducts and vents, space can be used for living instead.
- Everyone in the home can be comfortable at the same time with the use of zoned ductless heating and cooling.
- More energy efficient, due to no air ducts to waste heated or conditioned air.
- Lower monthly utility costs, since each zone can be cooled or warmed separately as desired.
- Operates quietly.
- Improved indoor air quality, since there are no air ducts to collect dust, dirt, and other debris.
Installation of a ductless HVAC system is a cost-effective solution to achieving and maintaining comfort in a newly built home. Today’s ductless systems utilize environmentally friendly refrigerants and take advantage of the latest technological advancements for system durability, longevity, and performance. To learn about our current installation specials for new ductless heating and cooling systems, call us at Bounds Heating & Air today.